The newly released BPX 2” Double-Wall brazed plate heat exchanger by Bell & Gossett, a Xylem brand, is the latest addition to B&G’s comprehensive portfolio of highly efficient products. The patented double wall design offers the highest level of leak protection, safety and thermal efficiency for commercial building and water heating applications.
- True double-wall construction provides dependable protection of fresh water streams for cooling of oils and refrigerants — not just heat transfer surface.
- The product launch expands B&G’s capacity offering from its current 1” BPX heat exchanger to deliver a maximum flow rate of 230 GPM.
- The BPX 2” meets evolving plumbing code requirements for domestic water heating and is a low-cost alternative to more costly competitive products.Complete design
- The BPX 2” provides four dedicated leak detection ports and complete double-wall plate design, providing unique air vent leak paths that better detect leaks and ensuring premium leak protection.
- A true dedicated air gap facilitates leak detection should a leak occur, ensuring system control.
- Stainless steel plates are vacuum brazed together to form a durable, integral piece that can withstand high pressure and temperatures.
- Complete peripheral braze provides additional mechanical strength and durability.