Pentair launches this week at the International Builders Show and The International Surface Event, that its leading brand of electric floor heating systems—Nuheat—now works with the Nest Learning Thermostat.
The Nuheat SIGNATURE launched in 2014 and was the world’s first wifi thermostat for electric floor heating systems; this marks the next development stage of that thermostat. “The integration with Nest further advances the role of floor heating in whole home comfort,” said Wally Lo, Product Manager. “We continue to lead innovation in our category and are excited to be working with Nest.”
Through the integration, Nest’s combination of sensors, algorithms and machine learning can prompt the Nuheat SIGNATURE program to react to home occupancy. Homeowners can enjoy both comfort and energy savings with their floor heat. Staying home? The floor heat will remain on keeping you comfortable. Leaving earlier or arriving later than expected? The floor heat will turn off to save energy.
The Works With Nest features work with any installed Nuheat SIGNATURE and does not require added hardware or software updates. The Nuheat SIGNATURE will continue to retail for $265USD.
Homeowners will also now have the added option to control their floor heat with the Nest app or at https://home.nest.com.
Nuheat SIGNATURE Product Features:
- Out-of-the-box compatible with Nest Learning Thermostat
- WiFi – Easily connects to WiFi network; 802.11 b/g/n compatible and a fully secure network WEP,
WPA and WPA2
- Remote Access – Control via smartphone apps (iOS and Android) or web browser
- Weather – Local outdoor temperature and daily weather forecast
- Energy Usage – View hourly, weekly and monthly usage