Money-saving plastic pipe reamers (also known as socket savers and/or hub savers) are designed to clean out the old or broken pipe and leftover solvent cement from a fitting so the fitting can be reused. In this era of green living and recycling, try these reamers on PVC, CPVC or ABS to save time and material costs.
Plastic Pipe Fitting Reamers fit into standard ½” drills. PPR socket savers work great for vent lines, drain lines, and water lines. Carbide cutting insert on socket saver provides a cutting edge on each side. Rotate the socket saver’s cutting insert before replacement and receive three additional cutting edges.
- Clean leftover pipe and solvent cement residue from PVC, CPVC or ABS fittings.
- Reduce labor time and materials costs by reusing the fittings.
- Offered in specific fitting sizes to give the best clean-out.
- Pilot diameter aids in cutting on center and stops tool at the proper cutting depth.
- Clean edge of PPR with solvent to remove the thin film left by solvent cement.
- Use high torque, low RPM setting on standard 1/2 inch drill to reduce heat caused by friction and to provide the cleanest ream.
REED Clean Ream Extreme® Plastic Pipe Fitting Reamers are NOT recommended for high pressure supply systems or for vent side of gas burning appliance piping systems.
Join the conversation: