Two panels on either side of the macerator allow every major component inside to be readily serviced without disconnecting the unit from the toilet or the rest of the plumbing system.
The SANIACCESS2 above-floor macerating plumbing system from SFA Saniflo U.S.A. handles sink and toilet fixtures in powder room applications and comes equipped with two access panels that allow for easy internal service. Periodic maintenance can be accomplished quickly and easily without having to disconnect the unit from the fixtures it is serving.
“This critical, dual-access feature is what makes the new-generation SANIACCESS2 macerator a truly unique and superior solution for contractors,” says Regis Saragosti, CEO of SFA Saniflo. The company invented above-floor macerating plumbing technology in Europe in the late 1950s, bringing it to the U.S.A. in the 1990s.
“Our half-century of experience in this field has enabled us to create a system that requires less time on the job site, whether installing a new system or servicing an existing one. That means a lower overall cost for the homeowner and higher productivity for the contractor.”
Full access: Two service panels provide direct access to different segments of the macerating unit, allowing easy inspection and servicing of all major components:
- Through one opening, an installer or service contactor can access the electrical components as well as the pumpʼs level sensor mechanism.
- The second panel provides ready access to the basket area around the macerating blades for easy removal of any large objects that may have been accidentally flushed.
“Every single component can be serviced or replaced without disconnecting the entire system,” says Saragosti. “That’s a huge time- and money-saver for service techs, enabling them to finish their work and get on to the next job that much faster.”
- Accommodates a half bath: Using the 1½-inch inlets located on either side of the macerator, which double as possible vent connections, the SANIACCESS2 can handle wastewater from toilets and sinks. “This feature permits the installation of a powder room in any space where no below-floor drainage currently exists,” explains Saragosti.
- Powerful cutting action: Water and waste entering the macerator are quickly reduced to slurry by stainless-steel blades that rotate at 3600 rpm (revolutions per minute). The centrifugal force drives the reduced solids through a grill to an impeller mounted beneath the pump motor, which then ejects the effluent through discharge piping connected to the top of the macerator. “The patented blades in our macerators have been proven performers over fifty years in a wide variety of applications,” says Saragosti. “Homeowners can therefore be confident that they will never need to replace them.”
- Connects easily: The SANIACCESS2 discharges effluent through a ¾-inch-diameter pipe, usually made of PVC, which connects to the main plumbing system in a home. The macerator has a vertical pumping distance of up to 15 feet when installed below the sewer line; and nearly 150 feet horizontally – or a lesser combination of these two distances. An integral check valve on the discharge pipe conveniently rotates 360-degrees without any special tools to accommodate different installations.
- Operates quietly: Sound-absorbing “silent blocks,” made of rubber and strategically placed around the motor and at the base of the SANIACCESS2, reduce the amount of vibration transmitted through its walls to outside surfaces. Anti-vibration studs at the bottom of the macerator lift the unit slightly above the floor, further reducing the transmission of vibrations. The end result is the quietest macerator on the market, with a noise level nearly 10 decibels less than that of the older above-floor plumbing systems – or comparable to that of a conventional toilet re-filling.
The SANIACCESS2 ships fully preassembled and ready for installation directly behind the rear-outlet toilet that is available with the macerator. If the home or building owner prefers to conceal the unit behind a finished wall, an 18-inch extension pipe for making the macerator-toilet connection is available. “Just as the components of the SANIACCESS2 are best-in-class, so is the overall look of the unit itself,” says Saragosti. “Its stylish design will be right at home in any contemporary bathroom.”
As with other Saniflo above-floor macerating products, the SANIACCESS2 permits the creation of a new powder room in virtually any space that lacks below-floor drainage and where conventional plumbing would be impractical. Walls and floors remain intact, and installation is accomplished quickly and economically with minimal disturbance to room layout. The system can be fully operational in as little time as a half-day.
“The SANIACCESS2 provides both the contractor and his customer with a profitable, installer-friendly alternative when conventional plumbing is neither convenient nor cost-effective,” states Saragosti.
SANIACCESS ABOVE-FLOOR TOILET SYSTEM – KEY SPECIFICATIONS:
- Dimensions (inches): 10 1/2 x 16 1/2 x 6 3/4
- Motor Type: Induction
- Voltage: 115
- Horsepower: 0.5 HP
- Discharge: vertically – 15 feet; horizontally – 150 feet
- Pipe size discharge: 3/4-inch
- Maximum fluid temperature: 104°F / 40°C
- Available in round or ADA-compliant elongated bowl styles