There was a great deal of activity swirling in the atmosphere in Hollywood, Fla., and fortunately it was all in the form of workforce development solutions, leadership tips, new technologies, and results-oriented strategies geared for PHCC members and their businesses. While Hurricane Joaquin only threatened to interfere with some travel plans home, attendees at PHCC’s CONNECT 2015 stayed focused on charting a clear course for success for their businesses and the industry, engaging in valuable educational sessions, Product & Technology Showcase demonstrations, and those always-productive conversations with other contractors.
Some highlights of the week included
- Two inspiring keynote speeches:
“Digging for Hope: Turning Wine to Water and Other Modern Day Miracles” by Doc Hendley
“Lessons in Leadership” by the U.S. Navy’s first F-14 fighter pilot Carey Lohrenz.
- The annual changing of the guard of new PHCC officers.
- A recognition of the many deserving award winners.
This year’s top three plumbing apprentice awards went to:
- 1st Place – James Peterson, John J. Maurer, Inc., Cataumet, Mass. – sponsored by A. O. Smith
- 2nd Place – Jared Beninati, Evan Hibbs Plumbing, Portsmouth, Va. – sponsored by Milwaukee Tool
- 3rd Place – David Spaeth, Harty Mechanical, Austin, Minn. – sponsored by Uponor
The Foundation’s Plumbing Apprentice and Journeyman Training Committee members were on hand to set up and judge the contest, which was a highlight of the PHCC–National Association’s CONNECT 2015 Product & Technology Showcase.
In 2016, CONNECT heads to the Lone Star Next
They say everything is bigger in Texas! Make plans to come partner with your peers in San Antonio. Mark your calendars now…Oct. 19-21 at the San Antonio Marriott Rivercenter.