Houston—Grundfos will find out who has the guts and let them take home the glory—and $10,000—at National Groundwater Association’s Groundwater Week on Wednesday, Dec. 4, at Grundfos booths #445 and 545.
Groundwater Week, held at the Las Vegas Convention Center, marks the pinnacle of a year- long WaterPRO Championship competition, which put water well contractors to the test at over 80 qualifying events across the United States and Canada. Our qualifying challenge sent participants barreling towards victory on the Road to Guts & Glory—a timed virtual reality game that tested both industry and Grundfos product knowledge. Nine participants with the highest scores from the U.S. and one participant with the highest score from Canada have been invited to the WaterPRO Championship semifinals at Groundwater Week.
Participants who did not achieve one of the top scores at the qualifying events will have a chance to give one more try at Grundfos’ booth, and the two highest scores will advance to the semifinals. With the final two participants in place, semifinalists will compete in a new challenge involving Grundfos products. Semifinalists with the top three times will advance to the finals for another unique challenge.
The schedule for Dec. 4 is as follows:
- 10 AM to 1 PM: Qualifying event for past participants at Grundfos booth #545 with opportunity to advance to semifinals
- 2:15 PM: Semifinals
- 3:10 PM: WaterPRO Championship final heat
- 3:25 PM: WaterPRO Championship winner announced
- 6 to 9 PM: Hospitality event at Hard Rock Café, formal awards ceremony at 6:45 PM
“This year’s WaterPRO Championship has attracted so much talent,” said Dan Story, vice president of Groundwater sales for Grundfos USA. “We’ve all enjoyed seeing the expertise and skills that these competitors have brought to the table since the qualifying events began in January. And last year’s winner, Jason Johnson, is back to defend his title. The semifinals and finals at Groundwater Week should be a thrilling culmination that challenges some of the most experienced water well contractors in North America.”
This is the second year Grundfos has held the WaterPRO Challenge. Grundfos will hold the competition throughout 2020 as well. This year’s semifinalists include:
- Eric Van De Yacht, Leo Van De Yacht Pump, Score 862.53
- Donovan Sippel, Sippel Well Drilling, Inc, Score 842.85
- Dustin Merrill, Merrill Drilling and Water Systems, Score 842.01
- Steve Hartmann, Hartmann Well Co, Score 839.75
- Ryan Braatz, Book and Proch, 815.89
- Josh Hagan, Hagan Heating & Plumbing, 809.78
- Jason Johnson, A1 Water Well Service, Score 808.25 (2018 Winner)
- Justin Moore, Associated Well Services, Score 804.13
- Ray Francis, Francis Pump and Well Service, 778.80
- Mike Philips, Gerritsen Drilling, Score 778
In the weeks leading up to Groundwater Week, attendees can get to know the participants by watching videos at www.facebook.com/grundfospumpsusa.
For more information, visit www.grundfos.us/WaterPROChampionship and see Grundfos during NGWA Groundwater Week at Grundfos booths #445 and 545.
About the Grundfos WaterPRO Program
The Grundfos WaterPRO program gives dedicated water well contractors exclusive benefits that make doing business easier: private training with Grundfos Technical Sales Managers, access to the Grundfos technical support chat app, customizable service stickers, extended product warranty and other benefits. Learn more at https://grundfos.us/waterpro.