One of the major benefits of working within the plumbing industry is the fact that there will always be a demand for your services. After all, people will always require plumbers to help keep their commercial or residential properties in good working order. For example, it is predicted that the US will require the services of 81,900 plumbers over the next decade. As a result, now may be the perfect time to launch your own plumbing company – or if you already run a business, to start thinking seriously about expansion.
With that in mind, here are some top tips that you can use to grow your plumbing business in no time at all.
- Running a business often begins as a solo venture, but when it comes to expansion, you will have to hire in some staff to grow your team. After all, the more staff at your company, the more clients you can take on and earn more money. Once hired, you should also focus on improving employee motivation and satisfaction, as this will improve your employee retention rates and ensure you don’t have to bring in new hires every few months.
- Put together a strong business website that clearly details everything you have to offer. While your site should be highly professional, you should also make sure that it is accessible to the average viewer. For example, you should not use overly complicated or technical language to describe your services – as this could alienate potential clients and encourage them to look elsewhere.
- Build a relationship with other traders working in the same area as you. Not only will this help you in terms of networking, but you can also help to promote each other’s businesses and grow your customer bases accordingly. For example, if you work on a project where significant electrical work must be carried out at a later date, you could direct them towards companies such as https://www.procircuitinc.com/industrial-electrical/. By recommending other companies to your clients, you are also enhancing your credibility and building a relationship of trust.
- Ensure that you are up to date on all legalities associated with plumbing, as this is the easiest way to prevent your business from getting sued when things go wrong. This is particularly important when it comes to drafting contracts – not just for your clients but also when you are hiring new staff or outsourcing work.
- Improve the reach of your website by getting to grips with SEO tactics (Search Engine Optimization). If you are not familiar with the term, SEO refers to a series of words or phrases that can be used to increase the visibility of your website by ensuring it appears more frequently in web searches. The more visible your brand, the more customers you get. As a result, you should regularly update your site and ensure that you make the most of trending words or phrases that relate to your industry or services. You can usually figure out what is trending using sites such as Google Keyword Planner.