Chef Center named one of Beautiful Kitchens & Baths’ “30 Most Innovative Products for 2017”; other vanguard solutions include StillPure Franke Filtration App that monitors water usage via Bluetooth and Fast-In Faucets that bring DIYers into luxury market Franke, the largest stainless steel kitchen sink manufacturer in the world and a leading name in kitchen Read more
Kitchen & Bath
Chef Center named one of Beautiful Kitchens & Baths’ “30 Most Innovative Products for 2017”; other vanguard solutions include StillPure Franke Filtration App that monitors water usage via Bluetooth and Fast-In Faucets that bring DIYers into luxury market
Franke, the largest stainless steel kitchen sink manufacturer in the world and a leading name in kitchen faucets, showcased a range of technology and design innovations at the 2017 Kitchen & Bath Industry Show (KBIS) in Orlando January 10-12 that demonstrated its commitment to immerse home chefs in luxury kitchen products defined by ingenuity, ease and environmental awareness.
Particularly noteworthy for melding form and function with technology to serve the home chef were Franke’s:
· All-in-one Chef Center: Named one of Beautiful Kitchens & Baths’ “30 Most Innovative Products for 2017”– the Chef Center enhances entertaining, simplifies cleanup and maximizes creativity for those who demand a cooking experience they can customize. Incorporating the capacity to both compost and store as well as offering all-inclusive accessories, the Chef Center is more of a sous chef than a sink – an extra hand in the kitchen instead of just a well-made receptacle. The Chef Center, now available in showrooms nationwide, is sold exclusively at Franke retailers.
· Industry-first StillPure Franke Filtration App: Franke’s StillPure Filtration System filters out limescale, metals, chlorine and more – providing users with the purest fresh water available directly from the kitchen faucet. The StillPure Franke Filtration App – available for mobile download in the Spring of 2017 – works with the FM100 Monitor (a Bluetooth monitor that easily attaches to the Filtration System) to track how many filtered gallons of water a household consumes and conveniently alerts users when it’s time to change the filter. It’s the definition of luxury for environmentally responsible consumers, whose water usage alerts are sent directly to their cell phone. Franke’s StillPure Filtration System will be sold exclusively at Franke retailers.
· Easy-to-install Fast-In Products: Franke’s ingenious Fast-In technology – featured on select top-mount sinks and faucets – allows Do-It-Yourself (DIY) homeowners to save time and money without sacrificing the superior quality, craftsmanship and performance they expect from the Franke brand. Franke’s Fast-In Quick Install Kitchen Sink System offers simple no-tools-required, top-mount installation; versatile single-bowl or double-bowl designs; and either traditional or hand-crafted, modern styles. Fashioned of Franke stainless steel, the faucets in Franke’s Fast-In Collection – Bern Pulldown, Bern Pro Pulldown, Bernadine Pulldown and Bernard Pullout – are beautiful and durable. They attach to the sink above the countertop in a few quick steps: simply insert the faucet base into the sink, locate the two mounting screws, and tighten with a Phillips screwdriver. Franke’s Fast-In products are available at select retail locations.
“Whether you need an all-encompassing sous chef, a green reminder about your water usage, or a DIY sink or faucet of the highest quality, Franke offers a range of smart kitchen solutions that redefine luxury and quality,” said Gary Langbo, President of Franke Kitchen Systems. “Our products create an unparalleled kitchen experience – customized to fit your lifestyle.”
This year at KBIS, Franke’s booth was a hot spot and the Chef Center was the scene of delectable interactive demos by Chef Billy Parisi, who also showed Kortney and Dave from HGTV’s Masters of Flip how to make the most out of Franke’s stand-out product when they stopped by for a visit. Relive the experience by visiting Franke’s social channels. To download high resolution images, and for more information about the Franke products, visit franke.us/ks-media, or check us out on Facebook, Houzz, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Tumblr.
Pioneer Industries introduces the Motegi Pre-Rinse, designed exclusively for the residential market. Pre-rinse faucets are an integral, and often expensive, element in gourmet chefs’ kitchens popular in upscale homes. The Motegi Pre-Rinse offers builders and contractors a cost-effective way to provide this in-demand feature, while delivering the contemporary style and functionality homeowners want. “Residential builders Read more
Pioneer Industries introduces the Motegi Pre-Rinse, designed exclusively for the residential market. Pre-rinse faucets are an integral, and often expensive, element in gourmet chefs’ kitchens popular in upscale homes. The Motegi Pre-Rinse offers builders and contractors a cost-effective way to provide this in-demand feature, while delivering the contemporary style and functionality homeowners want.
“Residential builders and contractors have to offer the newest styles, but they’re also under pressure to keep costs down. That’s where quality can take a hit,” said Nick Eleftheriou, CEO Pioneer Industries. “With Pioneer, builders don’t have to choose between quality and cost. We deliver the highest quality and performance in upmarket styles – at a fraction of what major national brands cost.”
The Motegi Pre-Rinse has the look, durability and functionality of a commercial pre-rinse with features tailored for consumer use:
- High-arc spout and pull-out spray nozzle for filling/washing large pots
- Flexible pull-down sprayer, 9” reach and 360⁰ swivel
- Two spray patterns: high-pressure stream spray for powerful cleaning and a gentler pattern flow for more delicate items, cleaning produce, etc.
- Two available heights: 22-3/4” (2MT270) and 19-3/4” (2MT275)
- 8 GPM flow rate meets environmental codes
- Available in chrome and brushed nickel finishes
For more information on the Montegi Pre-Rinse, including product specs and pricing, click here.
Just Manufacturing’s Integra Drain system creates a unique integral in-sink drain system. The exclusive Integra Drain system design seamlessly joins the drain to the sink, so that the sink and the drain are one complete unit. The results are a safer, seamless sink interior designed to eliminate not only crevices in the sink bottom, but Read more
Just Manufacturing’s Integra Drain system creates a unique integral in-sink drain system. The exclusive Integra Drain system design seamlessly joins the drain to the sink, so that the sink and the drain are one complete unit. The results are a safer, seamless sink interior designed to eliminate not only crevices in the sink bottom, but also in the drain itself. This design completely eliminates the need for additional parts and rings.
The Integra Drain system is perfect for health care facilities, commercial kitchens, schools, laboratories and applications where hygiene is critical. It adds to the hygienic element of the sink, providing a cleaner solution to sink drains. By eliminating crevices not only in the sink bottom, but also in the drain body where standing water may occur, opportunities for potential bacterial growth are reduced. Without the standing water, there is no breeding area for pathogens and biofilms that can develop in sinks. Alleviating these pathogens and biofilms, once they form in tight drain crevices, is often impossible.
The Integra Drain system design reduces installation costs and possible in-sink contaminants while providing a more reliable installation. A benefit to the single unit system is that it comes complete and does not require any extra parts, rings or gaskets. This reduces the potential for leaks while making installation time faster.
Just Manufacturing’s Integra Drain system sinks are made in the USA and are packaged with a tailpiece and a matching basket strainer of sustainably sourced, stainless steel. The sink interiors and top surfaces are polished with a non-porous satin blended No. 4 Finish. The exterior bowl surfaces are fully coated to reduce sound and condensation.
The Integra Drain system is available on all Just self-rimming drop-in and undermount sinks, from ADA Compliant to extra-deep designs in single through triple compartment models.
Just Manufacturing designs and manufactures a wide selection of top quality stainless steel sinks for commercial and high-end residential applications. All stainless steel sinks and fixtures manufactured by Just Manufacturing are Made in the USA with 100% American steel and certified for ARRA project work specifications.
For more information, visit www.justmfg.com or call 1-847-678-5151, Just Manufacturing Company, 9233 King Street, Franklin Park, IL 60131.
The Beale touchless faucet with Selectronic technology and the Edgewater semi-professional faucet, both from American Standard, have been named 2016 GOOD DESIGN award recipients in the Kitchen category for design excellence. The award is presented by the Chicago Athenaeum Museum of Architecture and Design in cooperation with the European Centre for Architecture, Art, Design and Read more
The Beale touchless faucet with Selectronic technology and the Edgewater semi-professional faucet, both from American Standard, have been named 2016 GOOD DESIGN award recipients in the Kitchen category for design excellence. The award is presented by the Chicago Athenaeum Museum of Architecture and Design in cooperation with the European Centre for Architecture, Art, Design and Urban Studies.
Showcasing striking, contemporary design and superb performance, the Beale touchless kitchen faucet features hands-free control – when desired – with the unique option of switching to manual operation by simply sliding a movable door to cover the sensor. The Edgewater semi-pro kitchen faucet, highlighting smooth curves and strong design lines, offers an intuitive 4-function sprayer, plus pause feature, to help the user efficiently manage common kitchen tasks.
“We continually strive to raise the standard in the industry by developing groundbreaking new products and technologies that make life healthier, enjoyable, and more comfortable. Receiving this recognition from such a prestigious institution is a sincere honor and further reaffirms our corporate mission to make everyday life easier for our customers,” said Maha El Kharbotly, chief marketing officer of LIXIL Americas, the business unit under which American Standard operates.
New from American Standard, the brand-exclusive StanSure slip-resistant surface now covers the entire tub floor on all Americast engineered steel bathtubs – already known for their unmatched strength, durability, and ease of installation – providing 56 percent more coverage than previous models. This new and improved StanSure coating offers increased tub floor coverage to deliver Read more
New from American Standard, the brand-exclusive StanSure slip-resistant surface now covers the entire tub floor on all Americast engineered steel bathtubs – already known for their unmatched strength, durability, and ease of installation – providing 56 percent more coverage than previous models.
This new and improved StanSure coating offers increased tub floor coverage to deliver enhanced slip-resistance for bathroom safety on all Princeton, Cambridge and Stratford bathtub models from American Standard.
This upgraded, textured floor surface – now in a visually-appealing bright white hue – does not easily trap dirt, making it easier to clean and keeping it cleaner, longer.
“The exclusive Americast material is unlike anything else available on the bathing market today,” said Joe Nuzzolo, senior director of product marketing for bathing at LIXIL Americas, the business unit under which American Standard operates. “It showcases a patented three-layer construction process that results in a product with superior heat retention and noise deadening abilities with a design that delivers beauty, safety and reliability.”
StanSure Slip-Resistant Surface
The new StanSure slip-resistant surface provides a safer bathing experience and is also easier to clean without vigorous scrubbing that can damage the tub surface. To help improve bathroom safety, the StanSure surface covers an increased footprint of the tub floor, providing 56 percent more coverage than previous models. The new surface is a brighter white, color matched to the tub, for a more attractive appearance.
Americast bathtubs – a remarkable alternative to cast iron tubs — are engineered to create tubs of unequaled strength, durability and weight. It is a unique material that fully bonds a high-quality porcelain enamel surface over a robust layer of enameling grade steel and a thick layer of structural composite backing. This material is similar to that used in the aerospace and automotive industries for lightweight, yet strong, durability.
This exclusive, patented material is considerably lighter than cast iron, making it easier to ship, carry, and install a new bathtub. Americast also offers superior heat retention and noise deadening abilities compared to cast iron and enameled steel tubs.
This durable Americast construction offers a valuable improvement over competing products in the market. Most alternative tubs feature foam or spray-on backing, neither of which is as strong as the Americast material, which will not bend or flex.
Americast tubs offer special features for a more comfortable bathing experience, such as a contoured tub design for increased lumbar support and improved head and neck comfort while bathing. The glossy porcelain enamel surface resists scratches and offers a long-lasting lustrous finish.
All Americast tubs are manufactured in the United States and qualify under the Buy American Act governing purchases made by the U.S. government.
Designed to simplify installation at every step of the process, lightweight Americast tubs are easily carried by two people and feature a soft grip on the apron for easier handling. Americast tubs are offered in a remodel-friendly size that fits a standard 5-foot alcove with a 30-inch width for retrofit applications.
To decrease the chance that water will damage drywall or structural supports behind the wall, all Americast tub models feature an integrated tile flange. As an additional option, an integral overflow molded directly into the outside tub wall is offered, saving time and money on installation and parts. A pre-installed chrome overflow escutcheon is also available as an option.
A pre-fabricated leveling grid underneath the tub provides extra support to the tub floor to prevent warping and cracking. This grid allows the tub to be easily slid into place or bedded in mortar, while also saving time when leveling.
Offering added flexibility for builders, an optional above-the-floor rough installation leaves a few inches of clearance between the tub’s underside and the flooring so that pipe can be routed without breaking ground or relocating the drain.
Americast Tub Models
American Standard Americast tub models that now feature the exclusive StanSure slip-resistant finish include:
- Princeton bathtubs with a low, ADA-compliant 14-inch step-over height for added comfort when showering or bathing, in addition to the standard 17½-inch high models. Princeton offers an optional 4-inch wide luxury ledge on the wall side of the tub, providing extra shoulder and elbow room while bathing – plus, it serves as a convenient space for storing toiletries. An optional integral drain model includes a drain that is pre-formed directly into the tub during manufacturing, saving time and money on purchasing and installing a separate drain.
- An appealing Cambridge design offered in a sleek bathing pool or whirlpool tub models, both featuring 4-inch wide luxury ledges, an integral apron and a 17¾-inch depth for a deeper soaking experience. Cambridge bathtubs and whirlpools are offered in right or left hand drain options, with the drain purchased separately.
- Offered in a choice of drop-in or undermount installations, the stylishly-indulgent Stratford tub models provide an extra deep 20-inch bathing pool for a truly luxurious soak. Stratford is also available as a whirlpool tub.
All three tub models are available in a choice of white, linen, bone and arctic white. Americast whirlpool tubs include the EverClean Whirlpool System, which provides a therapeutic and hygienic water-jet massage.
For optimum cleanliness, the whirlpool pipes incorporate the American Standard exclusive EverClean antimicrobial agent that is manufactured directly into the piping for permanence that will not wear away over time. EverClean inhibits the growth of odor and stain-causing bacteria, mold and mildew on the surface of the piping system.
Americast tubs with the new StanSure slip-resistant surface are available at kitchen and bath showrooms and wholesalers, plus retail outlets, nationwide, and is covered by a limited lifetime warranty for residential installations and a 10-year limited warranty for commercial installations.
List prices for the new Americast tubs range as follows: Princeton $501-$1,053; Cambridge $827-$3,017; and Stratford $1,700-$3,800.
For more information on Americast tubs with the new StanSure slip resistant surface, visit www.americanstandard.com or call (800) 442-1902.